Swiss law and AML/KYC regulations require us to verify each account by confirming the user’s identity and place of residence.
First, you must register for the Denarius account here, by entering your name and email address.
Once your account has been created, you will receive a welcome email with an email verification link.
After verifying your email address, go to “My Profile” – verify your phone number and enter your user details.
Finally, we will ask you to take front and back pictures of your identity document and record a short video. Submit those and you’re done!
Our system will process your verification request in the shortest time possible. Once your account request has been reviewed, you will receive an email with the results.
See the Denarius account verification guide here.
For you to make your first deposit and start trading at Denarius, you must verify your account.
Denarius account verification has five stages. You must complete all five stages for your account to be verified.
Before you begin
- Please note that Denarius accounts are intended for first-person use only. You are not allowed to open or verify Denarius accounts on behalf of third parties. All e-mail addresses, phone numbers, ID documentation, and other user information must belong to you.
- We ask your email– to confirm that your registered e-mail is valid and belongs to you.
- We ask for your phone number– to verify your mobile telephone number for 2-factor authentication.
- We need your ID verification– to verify your identity document.
- We need your user details– to verify your personal details.
- We need your proof of address– to verify your address.
Check the e-mail account you provided upon registration.
Open the e-mail titled “Welcome to Denarius! Verify Your Email” and click the “verify your e-mail” button or copy and paste the provided link into your browser. You should see the message, “Email verified successfully”.
Phone Number Verification
Log in to your Denarius account.
Navigate to “Settings/Profile” and click “Verify Your Phone”.
Enter your phone number in the “Phone Number” field.
Click “Send verification code”.
Enter the 6-digit code received via SMS.
Log in to your Denarius account.
Navigate to “Settings/Profile” and click “Submit Information”.
Click the “Start Verification” button.
In the “Document Identity Number” field enter the document number.
In the “Document Type” field choose your document type, Passport, or Identity Card and click “I confirm my identity”.
In the next step, you will take a video of yourself with your computer’s camera, first facing the front for a few seconds, then to the right, then to the left, and, finally, hold your passport or ID up to the camera. Press the black video camera icon below to begin the process.
Tips – Recording a “selfie” video of your face:
- Make sure the light is coming from in front of you, not behind or from the side so that your face is well lit and clearly visible.
- Use a plain wall as a background if possible.
- Do not wear a hat or sunglasses
- If you are wearing glasses in your ID photo, wear them in your selfie photo too. If you are not wearing glasses in your ID photo, remove them for your selfie photo.
In the next part, you can either upload a photo of the front side of your identification document or you can use your device’s camera to take a photo of it. Click “Upload ID” to browse your computer for your ID document or click the black camera icon to use your device’s camera to take a photo of it. After uploading or taking a photo of your ID document, click “Next”.
Tips – When uploading a document:
- Please make sure the document is valid.
- Please make sure the document is in a well-lit area without glare and reflections.
- When taking the photo, please make sure the entire document is visible and in the frame. Make sure you are not cutting off any corners or sides.
- Ensure the ID is in focus.
- Please do not cover any information on the ID.
- If you make a mistake while completing the verification process, refresh the page to restart the process. Do not attempt to complete the process if you think there may be an error.
Most likely we were unable to read your ID document or perhaps the information you provided was incorrect.
When taking a picture of your ID document:
- Please make sure your document is valid and has a minimum of 6 months remaining.
- Please make sure your document is in a well-lit area without glare and reflections.
- When photographing, please make sure the entire document is visible and no corners or sides are cut off.
- Please do not conceal or cover any information on your ID.
- If you make a mistake while completing the verification process, please refresh the page to restart it. Do not attempt to complete the process if you think there might be an error.
When recording a “selfie” video of your face:
- Make sure that your face is well lit and is clearly visible – the light should be coming from in front of you, not behind you.
- Use a plain wall for the background if possible.
- Do not wear sunglasses or a hat.
- If you are wearing glasses in your ID photo, you should wear them in your selfie video. If you are not wearing glasses in your ID photo, remove them for your selfie video.
- If you have further questions regarding the verification process, see our verification guide here, or contact our support team.
- Create a new account or login if you are an existing user
- Most popular functions are here like shortcuts
- Denarius Assets– by transferring to bank frick using EU bank (SEPA), international bank or debit/credit card
- Cards– from your Denarius Assets
- Trading Desk– from your Denarius Assets
- Bank Account(not yet available) – to bank account associated with the platform – from Denarius Assets or another external bank account
- Top-up History
- Internal Assets– from one Denarius account to another (user to user)
- Withdraw Assets– to “Your Bank Account” – can only be done to an account in your name, hence beneficiary details auto-fill with own details
- Bank Account Transfers(not yet available) – bank account associated with the platform – It’s to withdraw to external banks and Denarius Assets
- Withdraw from Card– back to Denarius Assets – where it was topped-up from
- From Trading Desk– back to Denarius Assets – where it was topped-up from
- Transfer History
- Currency Conversion– simply a foreign exchange tool
- Trading Desk Conversion– It’s within the trading desk, to convert from EUR to BTC or BTC to EUR
- Conversion History
- My Cards – your Denarius issued cards
- Order New Card
- Card Transaction History
- Deactivated Cards
- My Wallets – Denarius Assets: Bitcoin – Ethereum– crypto wallets
- Affiliate – invite friends to join Denarius and receive commissions on their purchases
- Messages – internal messaging system for Denarius Support, IT, Payments & On-Boarding
- Notifications – which you can set to be received by email and or SMS
- Security – change password; phone number; email address; add 2FA – deactivate account